Friday, May 15, 2009

Dry Bones! Not Me!

I linked to an uplifting post today of Nurture Mama entitled:


"All of you are children of the Most High." Psalm 82:6

"Be a joyful mother of children." Psalm 113:9

"Children are an heritage of the Lord" and "Happy is the [woman] who hath [her] quiver full of them." Psalm 127: 3, 5

It is not always easy to be a joyful mother of children but the world is a happier place when we are!
I am recommitting to be "a joyful mama!"

Besides what is the other option? An all time favorite funny verse tells me:

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." Proverbs 17:22

Who wants dry bones?!

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Thanks for sharing the thoughts.

ems said...

Hi Holly, it's Emilee, Vaughn's cousin. THanks for posting a comment on my blog so I could find you!

What a cute blog! I love it! I especially love these last 2 posts. I hope you don't mind if I use the C.S. Lewis quote on my blog. It's great! I often get feeling the same way about being a homemaker. Satan sure does work hard on those who are doing something amazing doesn't he? At least we have the gospel to help us remember who we are and why we are here!

Thanks for the uplifting posts you have on your blog. I love it!