I Have Been Blessed With a Wonderful Mother!
- She taught me to pray.
- She took me to church even when it was as struggle with 3 small children.
- She taught me the gospel.
- She read to me and instilled in me a love of reading and learning.
- She always prepared well balanced meals.
- She let me sit on the counter when I was little and "help" her make cookies even though now I realize it would have been so much easier to do it without me.
- She taught me to work by example, working with me, and expecting a lot. I remember cleaning, and being called back to redo what I had missed, shelling peas for what seemed like hours, weeding long rows of vegetables, picking raspberries, husking corn, washing dishes, folding clothes.... I just didn't get why she liked to work so much?? Now I am grateful she did! (Mom, I now know it is because you worked so hard that you always fell asleep during movies.)
- She made my lunches.
- She wrote me little notes thanking me for my help and left them for me to find.
- She took me shopping and sacrificed her own wants so I could have mine.
- She listened to me.
- She put up with A Lot of whining! (Sorry about that!)
- She was, oh, so patient! How did you do it, Mom?
- She taught me to drive even though that scared her.
- She wrote me faithfully on my mission.
- She has tended, played endless games, and done arts and crafts with my children.
- She has always set a good example and magnified her callings.
- She continues to be patient and hardworking.
- She doesn't speak ill of others.
- She is thoughtful and generous, always giving, always serving. She even gives gifts to her daughters for Mother's Day!
- She truly is my wonderful mom!
- She is a wonderful grandma!
Thank you, Mom! I love you! Happy Mother's Day!
I Have Also Been Blessed With A Wonderful Mother-in-law!
- She raised a great son!
- She taught him the gospel.
- She welcomed me into her family and loved me as daughter.
- She is generous, always giving.
- She spent her birthday in 1998, in Nevada, away from the comforts of her own tending 3 little children while I was in the hospital delivering Noelle.
- She went back to Nevada in 2000 to help me out again when I had Rachel.
- She is always so optimistic.
- She is a hard worker!
- She (along with Larry) has taken each grandchild old enough on a special trip. Oh, how our children have looked forward to, enjoyed, and remembered with fondness this special vacation!
- She loves the Lord and shares her testimony of the gospel and love for Him frequently.
- She is setting a great example for her family by serving as a missionary.
- She is a wonderful mother!
- She is a wonderful grandmother!
Thank you Venise! I love you! Happy Mother's Day!